Wednesday, August 13, 2008

#1: Thrift Stores

I love thrift stores. I am too poor to go shopping for realzies so I like to browse my local Goodwill on a weekly basis. Being that it is only like 5 blocks from my house also gets the Goodwill some bonus points because of the whole "suspended license" thing. Where else can you leave a store with a garlic press, an orange plastic owl napkin holder, a Seattle Fire Department hoodie and a steak rug for less than 10 dollars and only one store.

List of AWESOME things I acquired recently from Goodwill:
1) University of Tennesee Hoodie Sweatshirt
2) Harvard Hoodie Sweatshirt
3) the book about Frida Kahlo that got me all obsessed with Frida Kahlo
4) The Fremont Fair 30th anniversary framed poster
5) the $1.49 cat bed that Old Lady only leaves to eat, go potty and beg for treats.
6) The Eiffel Tower glass bottle that we are going to keep Disarono in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice finds so far...you know I will always be up for thrifting with you...I love that. Or maybe "window shopping" at IKEA...

Buttercup said...

Yeah I can't afford any thing other than thrift stores. We should go sometime.